yaaaaay :D ... I've just ate my mother's delicious "khabis" !!
"Khabis" is one of my favorite Emirati dishes.When I eat it I always remember "Eid" which is a Muslims holiday.
This dish is usually eaten with "haris" and other occasional dishes.
It's actually quite easy to make and eat xD
read the instructions carefully and try to make it by your self.
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of water
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of cardamom
1 tablespoon of saffron
2 tablespoons of rose water
1/2 cup of grated coconut ( or as wanted )
1. stir the flour on a hot pan until the smell starts to come out and the color turns into a very light brown.
2. put the sugar in another big pan and lit to caramelize.
3. add the water slowly and wait until caramel melts.
4. add the other ingredients without the flour and stir for a couple minuts.
5. add the flour slowly to the pan and stir it , then cover the pan and wait until the water evaporate.
6. serve the "khabis" in a big plate and start diging xD